Intro To Downloading Digital Content
RGG EDU offers Pro Guides in the format of digital download only. We currently do not offer hard copies, DVD's, or tangible tutorials sold through standard shipping methods. Our products are currently available worldwide and can be downloaded instantly from almost anywhere in the world with a reliable internet connection. Our average tutorial is 6 GB or bigger, so please plan accordingly if you have limited access to internet, pay-as-you-go internet, or have extremely slow internet or dial up. Please e-mail us directly at email@example.com with any questions.
Step 1: To purchase a downloadable tutorial from RGG EDU, simply select the tutorial you wish to purchase by selecting "Add To Cart" at the bottom of the specific product page.
Step 2: Once you are ready to checkout, navigate to the top of the website and press Checkout.
Step 3: Once you are ready to checkout press the button, "Proceed To Checkout."
Step 4: Fill Out Customer Information. It is absolutely important that you fill out your correct customer E-Mail. This is the e-mail that your download link will be sent. We recommend that you create an account so that you may track your purchase history with RGG EDU. Once you fill out all necessary information, press "Continue to Next Step" below your customer information.
Step 5: Enter Payment Information and/or Discount Codes. If you have a discount code, press "Apply" to render a new amount. Once you have entered in all of your payment information, select "Complete My Purchase" at the bottom of the page. Once you select this button, your order will be charged and processed immediately. As soon as payment is received from you, your first RGG EDU confirmation e-mail with order ID will be sent to your e-mail you entered in step 4. Please check your junk mail if you do not receive this confirmation e-mail within 10 minutes. Please note the confirmation e-mail does NOT have the download links to your tutorial in it. Please print and keep this e-mail for your records.
Step 6: Once your payment is successfully processed, you will arrive at an order ID page assigning you a unique ID# for your order. Please keep this order number and print this page for your records.
Step 1: Once you have successfully completed steps 1-6 in the payment process listed above, you should receive 2 e-mails from RGG EDU. Please check your junk/spam folder if you do not receive the e-mails within 10 minutes of each other. Please allow up to 20 minutes for the download links to be sent to your e-mail. The download links will ALWAYS be in the second e-mail.
First E-Mail: The first E-Mail from RGG EDU will confirm your purchase and send you your order ID#. This is just an e-mail to confirm your purchase and does not include the digital downloads link.
Second E-Mail: The second E-Mail you will receive will contain "Downloads for Order # 00000" in the subject line. In the body of the e-mail you will receive a unique link to download all of your files. Please click on this link, or copy the link and paste into your internet browser. If you cannot click on the link inside the e-mail, simply copy and paste the entire URL into your browser.
Once you click on the link you will be taken to a new page with your download links. Please remember that you will have 21 days, or 5 attempts to download your tutorials. We suggest you allow 1 download at a time to finish before you begin the second, or third download.
Once your download has completed, please verify that the file size of your download is the same as the file size of the file on the above screen. If your download was paused, corrupted, or incomplete, the file size may be considerably smaller than the original and you may not be able to unzip the file. If this happens, please verify your internet is working, and try to restart the download over again. You have 5 attempts to download each link.
Check your downloads folder either in your Internet browser downloads folder, and also on your downloads folder on your computer for the .zip files.
Getting iBooks onto Your iPad
Un-Zipping The File
In most cases, double clicking the .zip file will unzip the file and you will be able to access the contents of the folder. You may also right-click the folder and select "open with" and select a utility such as "archive utility" to unzip the file on a Mac. If you are having trouble un-zipping this file on a Windows based PC, please attempt to download a third party compression software. Here are some solutions for new Zip programs.
- Win Zip For Mac and Windows: http://www.winzip.com/mac/en/index.htm
- 7Zip for Windows: http://download.cnet.com/7-Zip/3000-2250_4-10045185.html
- More information on zip utilities: http://www.pcworld.com/article/2049053/5-free-compression-tools-zip-your-files-just-dandy.html
Error Messages 0x80070057
Method 1: Change the decimal symbol settingThis problem can occur if the decimal symbol is not set to '.' (dot). This is common in languages and locales other than English (United States), such as German (Germany).
To change the decimal symbol setting, follow these steps:
- Open Control Panel, click Clock, Language, and Region, and then click Region and Language.
- Click the Formats tab, and then click Additional settings.
- In the Decimal symbol field, type . (dot), and then click OK two times.
- Restart the computer.
Method 2: Add a registry key valueWarning Serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly by using Registry Editor or by using another method. These problems might require that you reinstall the operating system. Microsoft cannot guarantee that these problems can be solved. Modify the registry at your own risk.
To have us perform Method 2 for you, go to the "Fix it for me" section. If you prefer to fix this problem yourself, go to the "Let me fix it myself" section.
Error Messages "Error Unable To Write To" or "Corrupt File"
If you are on a Windows based machine and receive any of the above errors in downloading, un-zipping, or playback, it most likely means that you may have an issue with your current hard drive that could mean your hard drive is possibly too full, is failing, or in some way corrupt. If you have any of these issues please try the following:
- Please try changing the downloads location to an external hard drive or additional hard drive and attempt to download the files again. You can change the location of your downloads folder in your Internet Browser Preferences pane. If you do not have an external Hard Drive please verify that you have at least 20% of your hard drive free or at least 25 GB free on your existing Hard Drive. Errors like this may occur if your hard drive is reaching max capacity no matter the size.
- Verify that you are on a network that allows large file downloads. If you are attempting this download on a network that throttles, prohibits, or restricts large file downloads you may receive a message such as this one.
- Please verify that your download speeds are at least 6-10 Mbps. To check this please go to www.speedtest.net . If you are experiencing abnormally slow downloads please consult your Internet Service Provider for questions, comments, troubleshooting, and solutions.
- Please verify that you are not using other applications to download, other computers on your network are not downloading files, and that your network can support downloads of that size.
- Once you have changed your downloads folder, cleared space on your hard drive, and resolved internet download speed, please restart your computer and attempt to download the files again.
Backing Up Your Files
Please remember to immediately make a copy of your tutorial onto a second hard drive, external drive, or second computer to ensure the safety and longevity of your files. All hard drives will eventually crash so please backup your files.
Sharing Download Links Are Strictly Prohibited
Sharing your download links with friends and colleagues is strictly prohibited. Do not share, forward, or allow others to use your download link. Your purchase is a one user license. The copy, sale, public showing, or distribution of this content is strictly prohibited.